Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Megan is born!!!

OK, I know I am WAY behind in this, but who knew 2 kids would take up so much time??!! I guess those of you who have two kids or more could have told me that, but whatever! So, here it is, 7 weeks later and I'm finally getting her info on here!

First of all, she came 10 days early, which was a great surprise!! Don't get me wrong, I loved it - but it did catch me off guard. Luckily for me, I had just got home from the store stocking up on the "necessities" so Kasey wouldn't have to go shopping after I had the baby. I just didn't know I was having the baby so soon! I made Rachel's lunch and then realized that my water had broken. I wasn't having any contractions so I called a friend who is a nurse to ask her what she thought I should do. Get to the hospital she said! So I did!!

I called Kasey at work, but told him not to worry about coming then (it was around 1:30 pm) since I wasn't having any contractions. That way he could pick the kids up from school!! Then I got my epidural because I WAS NOT waiting until I was in too much pain to get it. Kasey brought the kids by to say hi after school, then took them home and bought some dinner for them. I told him to take his time since nothing really seemed to be happening - and he did. About 10 minutes after he got back the doctor came in and said "Why don't we have this baby in the next 5 minutes?" WHAT!!!! I haven't even had any pain yet!! Kasey almost missed the delivery, the doctor almost missed the delivery...this was way different than when I had Rachel!! Two minutes later there she was. I got to hold her right after she was born, Kasey got to cut the cord. It was a great experience!

She is a wonderful baby - so good!! I am so blessed with good babies. We love her and think she is beautiful! Even Rachel is good with her, and has only sat on her twice now!!


This is right after she was born. She was born on September 1, 2010 at 7:31 pm (only 7 hours of labor total - it was awesome!) She was 7 lbs 13 oz and 18 1/2 inches long.


Daddy with his new little girl. We do not have a shortage of estrogen in our house!



Mom and her two little girls. Rachel is so cute with Megan, she is always telling her "hi".


The whole family at Megan's blessing on September 26.


This is what happens when we try to get a picture of just the kids. Rachel doesn't want to be more than two feet away from Mom, and we get weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth! Gotta love family pictures!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I love the picture of Rachel screaming, Haley smiling, and Spencer overcompensating for a smile! I'm glad to hear that Megan is a good baby. Aren't they all? :)

    ReplyDelete